Problems login to suse

From: mike (nogood_at_.invalid)
Date: 09/11/04

Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 22:51:17 GMT

Hello,
    I just loaded up suse 9.1 pro and the installation went fairly smoot but
some where I forgot to add a user to the system when it asked me. Now when I
bootup the system it ask me for a username and password and you guessed it
it failed. Can any of you expert give me some helpful instruction on how to
add a user and password. I hope I don't have to reload the whole stuff over
again. I do have a root password if that helps.

Relevant Pages

  • SuSE 9.0 Pro and HP Pavilion laptop (ZE4357EA)
    ... I recently bought a HP Pavilion ZE4357EA laptop and installed SuSE 8.2 Pro ... see the Lilo bootloader which gives me all the possible installation ... But when I boot from the SuSE 9.0 Pro DVD or CD, ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: SuSE 9.1 Pro and Video problems on Dell Inspiron 3800/ATI video
    ... <SuSE 7.3 Pro two years ago. ... <ATI Rage Pro display adapter. ... one of the things I noticed on 9.1 installation chosing the ... in init 3 instead of init 5. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • [SLE] Sorry SuSE: 9.1 is Waste of time and money!
    ... I am sorry to conclude that my upgrade from SuSE 9.0 Pro to 9.1 Pro has ... about the free SuSE "Installation support". ... HP DVD drive, but after the installation of 9.1, the KDE/Konqueror ...
    (SuSE)
  • [SLE] SUSE 9.0 Pro and Neomagic 2360 video chip set
    ... I have an IBM Thinkpad 600x with a Neomagic 2360 chip set. ... I've installed both SUSE 8.2 Pro and 9.0 Pro and, after installation, the ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Installing Suse Linux 10
    ... but you obviously didn't read it before doing the installation. ... I have three books on SUSE ... Grub is your boot loader. ... harddrive containing Windows, is the "ideal" solution. ...
    (alt.os.linux)