Re: postfix smtp's port 25 not listening from external machine

rxvjcye_at_wnaqcb.com
Date: 09/13/04

Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 22:34:52 GMT

|I did "/etc/init.d/postfix stop", both lines disappeared. Then I ran
|"/etc/init.d/postfix start", both lines come back to life. First of all,

Fine.

|why does it do that? I thought the script only start one process. Second
|of all, what does that have to do with not listening to external world?

It means your config still didn't work. Did you run SuSEconfig or not
before restarting postfix? It's a command.

  • Re: postfix smtps port 25 not listening from external machine
    ... I thought the script only start one process. ... Did you run SuSEconfig or not ... > before restarting postfix? ... It's a command. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • deltree command- was it so evil?
    ... Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we ... Equivalent DELTREE /Y *.* command in XP? ...
  • Re: Practice.
    ... on command (a first! ... truck, ... life is good - did I mention I am easily pleased? ... Walked backwards and sidewards, but the ...
    (rec.equestrian)
  • Re: Am I being too harsh?
    ... he usually or specifically in any way subject to command or direction by ... any larger area police authority? ... there was an example of "still life". ... Because their backs were turned there was no ...
    (alt.usage.english)