SUSE Newbie linux old hat needs start

From: Mike (mikevl_at_paradise.net.nz)
Date: 09/21/04

Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 19:07:16 +1200

Hi I am looking at SUSE after using RedHat for a long time. I want to
download SUSE9.1 from ftp://mirror.pacific.net.au/linux/suse/ I am use to
finding Redhat ISOs but I'm a bit baffled where to start with SUSE.

If someone could point me in the right direction with a brief overview I
would be most grateful.

Many thanks

Mike

Relevant Pages

  • Re: SUSE Newbie linux old hat needs start
    ... > finding Redhat ISOs but I'm a bit baffled where to start with SUSE. ... This will give you a basic install, you can then install almost any ... note that you'll need to configure the ftp source, ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: SUSE Newbie linux old hat needs start
    ... > finding Redhat ISOs but I'm a bit baffled where to start with SUSE. ... Checking the above mirror site with midnight commander shows the "suse" ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: SUSE Newbie linux old hat needs start
    ... Mike ... > finding Redhat ISOs but I'm a bit baffled where to start with SUSE. ... > would be most grateful. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: SUSE Newbie linux old hat needs start
    ... Mike wrote: ... > finding Redhat ISOs but I'm a bit baffled where to start with SUSE. ... Burn a CD with it and start your PC from it. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: [SLE] Connecting to a network printer
    ... On Mon, 2004-11-08 at 13:08, Mike wrote: ... > I'm trying to connect a network type printer on suse 9.2. ... Supply password and use that username as cups admin. ...
    (SuSE)