Re: SUSE Newbie linux old hat needs start

From: R.F. Pels (spamtrap_at_tiscali.nl)
Date: 09/21/04

Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 11:13:22 +0200

Mike wrote:

> Hi I am looking at SUSE after using RedHat for a long time. I want to
> download SUSE9.1 from ftp://mirror.pacific.net.au/linux/suse/ I am use to
> finding Redhat ISOs but I'm a bit baffled where to start with SUSE.
>
> If someone could point me in the right direction with a brief overview I
> would be most grateful.

There is a boot ISO for the Pro version minus some licensed software:

 http://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/9.1/boot/

Burn a CD with it and start your PC from it.

--
Ruurd
.o.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: SUSE Newbie linux old hat needs start
    ... > finding Redhat ISOs but I'm a bit baffled where to start with SUSE. ... This will give you a basic install, you can then install almost any ... note that you'll need to configure the ftp source, ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: SUSE Newbie linux old hat needs start
    ... > finding Redhat ISOs but I'm a bit baffled where to start with SUSE. ... Checking the above mirror site with midnight commander shows the "suse" ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: SUSE Newbie linux old hat needs start
    ... Mike ... > finding Redhat ISOs but I'm a bit baffled where to start with SUSE. ... > would be most grateful. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • SUSE Newbie linux old hat needs start
    ... Hi I am looking at SUSE after using RedHat for a long time. ... finding Redhat ISOs but I'm a bit baffled where to start with SUSE. ... would be most grateful. ... Mike ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)