Re: burn update for suse 9.1....

From: Oddbjørn Hansen (oddbjornNOSPAMhansen_at_yahoo.no)
Date: 09/24/04

Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 15:01:40 +0200

os2 wrote:
> hi
>
> i would like to download the update online.. and kde update.. put
> theses file on a dvd... but i don't know if will work....
>
> will keep the folder hierarchy...
>
> does yast will recognize the dvd?

I believe it will work if you create a similar directory hierarchy on
the DVD as in the update directories. Create the following dirs on the DVD:

i386/update/9.1

and put all the files you find in ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/update/9.1
(or a mirror closer to you) in that dir.

Mount the DVD and point YOU to the top dir on the DVD.

(I tested on my SuSE 8.2 by pointing YOU to /var/lib/YaST2/you/mnt which
is the place YOU saves the updates.)

--
Oddbjørn

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Problem with DVD drive
    ... different ways to read DVD media. ... One is standard ISO format, ... reads files and the hierarchy. ... Another is DVD movie ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: burn update for suse 9.1....
    ... >> will keep the folder hierarchy... ... >> does yast will recognize the dvd? ... > the DVD as in the update directories. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)