Re: How NOT to use Samba?

From: Lew Pitcher (Lew.Pitcher_at_td.com)
Date: 09/27/04

Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 14:34:37 -0400

Relevant Pages

  • Re: newb install new samba?
    ... >> about this very topic by more experienced folk, ... >> samba seems to be now available. ... local firewalls on the windows machines - I like to control exactly ... the linux machine now highlighted a problem with the ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Cant get HP CIFS running ...
    ... and try HP CIFS 1.1 ... Windows machines log into a domain nor is there any domain ... server running the same Samba version that CIFS is suppsed ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: Failed Migration to Linux
    ... do you mean that WINDOWS machines on the network can't see Fedora ... as a member of the WINDOWS network? ... make sure samba is installed. ... we need to use "systemctl enable samba" followed by either "systemctl ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Very Basic Help Needed
    ... To give you a few more hints: first make sure that samba is already ... can do so by running 'aptitude install samba'. ... Windows machines to automatically detect your linux system. ... if I'm not using passwords on the Windows machines? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: File sharing
    ... you could install an NFS server on your windows system. ... Why, exactly, don't you just use Samba? ... installed site-wide spam filters at catherders.com. ...
    (linux.redhat)