Toshiba Satellite Suse 9.1 keyboard freeze.

From: Knightwise (knightwise_at_REMOVESPAMedpnet.be)
Date: 10/08/04

Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 07:00:53 -0500

Good morning gentlemen.

I have recently purchased a linux 9.1 proffesional distribution
And I have installed it on a TOSHIBA satellite S1400-503. The install went
just fine. I booted in KDE , did ALL the updates and patches.

 However : The keyboard tends to freeze up when I am working in KDE.
After a while there is just no response from my keyboard anymore. The
system continues to run fine
Mouse , X , network etc work excellent, its just that my keyboard is dead.

This is a problem unique to the 9.1 version, because i have tried and
tested the 9.0 version before on this laptop and everything functioned
fine. I don't want to downgrade because the wifi support in 9.0 just was
not up to specs and in the 9.1 it works fine.

 I have already looked for answers in several forums, but to no avail.

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/history/203980

http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0407.1/0912.html

As a newbie I donít have much linux experience but I cant even try to learn
more whenever the darn keyboard dies on my all the time (and I DONíT want
to install another distro)

Could you please tell me what to do ?

Thanx

Knightwise.(www.knightsite.tk)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Are there advantages of Linux over XP Pro.?
    ... Excuse my ignorance but what does KDE mean? ... dual-boot 98SE/XP PRO machine for a copy of Linux. ... small file server with RAID and Backup storage with the easy addition of ... The Mandrake 10.1 install was also painless, but the GUI would not run. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Newbie needs help with SUSE 9.1
    ... I think there is a setting in KDE Control Center somewhere that let's ... frustrating because there are some really nice features in Linux. ... I thought I'd install some tools that I ... serving Windows boxes from your Linux box. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Why is Linux so slow?
    ... > I chose a kde system because from what I have read Suse seems to favor ... > Displaying graphics seems to be a problem for Linux because it is very ... No problems, install went smoothly, auto configured all the network settings ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Are there advantages of Linux over XP Pro.?
    ... I would be interesting in creating a seperate partition on my ... migration and experimentation with Linux. ... KDE was much faster than ... the SUSE install, and the services and apps responded quickly. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Re: Newbie needs help with SUSE 9.1
    ... I thought I'd install some tools that I ... >serving Windows boxes from your Linux box. ... >> installed, I need to know kernel info, KDE vs GNU, etc. ... My experience with Windows has taught me never to try ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)