How to stopH D spinning

From: Graham (noemail_at_noemail.com)
Date: 10/12/04

Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 17:54:58 +1000

Is there an easy, built-in way (like in Windows) to stop the hard disk
spinning in SUSE 9.1 after a set period of time? If so, would suspended
telnet sessions survive?

Graham.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [SLE] repeated boot problem
    ... SuSE 8.1 has a known issue with reiserfs that may cause the kernel to ... if you update the kernel remove that option or they will not ... If you suspect hard disk problems, and your hard disk supports SMART ...
    (SuSE)
  • Suse 8.2 does not boot anymore...
    ... I wantetd to place my hard disk drive higher, so i took it off the power ... The i put them on again, when i played the hard disk 5 cm ... Suse startet when looking for USB devices: ... Master Resource Control: previous runlevel: 5, ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Hard drive failure, help needed urgently!!
    ... If the hard drive is not spinning up, ... Hard Disk Drive Failure Report: ... "nat" wrote: ... | opening my system unit, I discovered that the hard disk was exceedingly hot. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • [Suse 9.0] Cannot install with HPT372 RAID controller.
    ... I've a serious problem when trying to install Suse 9.0 Professional. ... After I boot my pc with the Suse DVD, I get the bootloader where I can ... The other hard disk, ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: SUSE Live-eval 9.1 doesnt boot from my CD
    ... I wonder if the '.iso' image file you're using ... I see from the SuSE site that the 'iso' is 680MB in size. ... Download the ISO file LiveCD-9.1.iso from the specified Internet ... address and save it on your hard disk. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)