Wireless cards

From: Anduin (anduin_at_blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: 11/12/04

Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 08:50:14 GMT

I haven't been able to get my wireless PCMCIA card to work with SUSE 9.1
(Linksys WPC54G). I have tried all of the instructions out there, including
the excellent Ndiswrapper, but the card will still not work. This is the
only problem stopping me from fully migrating into Linux.

I have decided to give up on the card and buy a new one. Any recommendations
about what wireless cards work well with SuSE? I am using 9.1 and a Toshiba
Satellite laptop.

Anduin

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Failing to get wireless card working on Toshiba + Suse
    ... > bought a copy of Suse 9.3 Professional. ... > intermittently from wireless issues. ... Once the install was over and Linux had rebooted, ... > I reinstalled from the DVD and this time, the wireless card wouldn't ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Video on Compaq R4000
    ... Are SuSE on crack? ... This video card may be new enough that the ... can't get the laptop and the desktop to see each other on the ethernet ...
    (comp.os.linux.portable)
  • Re: Install Airsnort in Suse 9.0 - Airsnort & WG511 howto for Suse 9.0
    ... > I have problems installing AirSnort y Suse 9.0. ... > HowTo to install Airsnort or GTK+?. ... Verify that you have the following installed on your Suse box using ... wireless card needs to start before the network is initiated. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Gentoo LiveCD + 3Com509B + dhcpcd = zilch?
    ... an older SuSE for a long time, and YaST Online Update no longer works. ... eth0" exits immediately, only printing "eth0: ... I used 3C5X9CFG.EXE to set the card back to PnP. ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: Live-CD resolutions
    ... > I am going to try that one too, thanks for reminding me to download it. ... >> Knoppix was great, quick to boot with full knowledge of my system. ... >> Suse had the same small font issue as mandrake move but I was able to ... video card or sound properties. ...
    (alt.linux)