Watching DVD's in 9.2...

From: kirbalo (kirbalo_at_nospam.com)
Date: 12/15/04

Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 21:28:14 -0600

OK...so I upgraded from 9.0 Pro to 9.2 Pro. Everything went perfectly, I
was actually expecting some things to break...but I was up and running
again in an hour.

But since I've been running 9.0 (for the last year) I was never able to get
a DVD Movie to play in SuSE Linux at all. I tried to load the recommended
libraries and the dependencies as required, but I kept hitting a brick wall
in that it was asking for a library I could never find.

I finally gave up...it shouldn't be that difficult.

Then I built another box and tried Mandrake Linux 10.1 PowerPack. Out of
the box, it installed as easily as SuSE 9.2. It also didn't play DVD's out
of the box either. But it only took one library to find and install, and
there were no dependencies to follow...it just played the DVD perfectly.

My short question is why can't SuSE make it a little easier, and, more
importantly, can someone resuggest how I can get a DVD to play with SuSE?

Thanks in advance...

--
Kirbalo...
K7S5A Pro, Athlon XP 1600+