Re: Ripping CD's easily..?

From: houghi (houghi_at_houghi.org.invalid)
Date: 01/11/05

Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 04:49:34 -0000

Thomas Gagne wrote:
> waldek wrote:
><snip>
>>
>> what about KAudioCreator to rip CD's and Juk to manage and play? They
>> are delivered with KDE and available under multimedia menu. I agree you
>> need 2 programs but they are really easy to use.
>
> So now I've ripped a track, but where does it end up? Where is it saved? How
> is the file named?

I tried it and it was in a directory 'ogg'. When you go to Settings,
Configure, Encoder, you can decide where it will be saved.

I personaly use grip, wich has I think is nicer to use. Perhaps needs
more configuration and to get used to.

--
houghi
http://www.google.com/tsunami_relief.html

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Ripping CDs easily..?
    ... > what about KAudioCreator to rip CD's and Juk to manage and play? ... > are delivered with KDE and available under multimedia menu. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Cant play Ogg files with Noatun/Kaboodle
    ... >> I've been having a problem that started with a Debian upgrade several ... >> my KDE setup. ... >> play my Ogg files on the command line with ogg123, ... >> package versions of anything else if needed. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: [PHP] Re: First steps towards unix and php
    ... Many distros allow you to easily switch between at least KDE and GNOME, ... "Let the laddie play wi the knife - he'll learn" ...
    (php.general)
  • Re: Random ripping errors
    ... I'm having is that almost every CD I rip has an error on one or more tracks. ... (and play back fine). ... The pain of this is that I ... Some audio CDs commonly have an autostart program which is supposed to ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia)
  • Re: [opensuse] Amarok will not play after KDE 4.8.2 or 4.8.3 and patches
    ... It does play on my 32 bit desktop. ... I have since upgraded to KDE ... I went to VLC backend on both my 64 bit machines and I can now get it to play. ... 7025 | 4GB RAM ...
    (SuSE)