Re: Installing Suse 9.2 From hard drive.

From: Edwin van Woerkens (reply_at_newsgroup.plz)
Date: 02/19/05

Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 16:18:10 +0100

Robert schreef:

>Can anyone tell me how I might get the system to run the "DVD" from the
>hard drive?
>I imagine that I have to modify a master boot record..or something like
>that..

I'm not sure if your computer has a normal cd-rom player. In that case:
Go to the subdirectory BOOT and you'll find a file called BOOT.ISO. You
burn this image to a normal cd-rom or cd-rw and boot from cd-rom. Follow
the instructions and select to install SuSE from HD.

--
Edwin
The browser you can trust: http://www.spreadfirefox.com

Relevant Pages

  • Re: XP Home problem after installing SP3
    ... basically, just modify the ... boot menu. ... Internet Gateway Router. ... All were working fine until I installed SP3. ...
  • Re: 2003 will take over Xp MBR?
    ... >> will windows 2003 bcome my MBR or still Xp is my MBR. ... > 2003 on a separate partition, then the MBR should contain two records - XP ... The master boot record contains the following structures: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: AT91RM9200 bootloaders (to boot into u-boot)
    ... a bootloader which should be easier to modify to match a boards ... configuration. ... > I have a board based on the AT91RM9200, and want to boot from SPI ... > for the ROM bootloader to handle). ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: grub2
    ... I updated from fedora14 to fedora16 and I am trying to modify the ... boot command. ... Edit /etc/grub2.cfg and that should be it. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Making /etc/fstab persistent in live-system
    ...     That would work but it has the annoying side effect that it becomes ...  that his/her fstab would not be reset at each boot). ... to modify after a chattr +i? ...
    (Ubuntu)