CRYPTOAPI 2.4 Kernel

nospam_at_cambridgeandsmith.com
Date: 04/04/05

Date: 3 Apr 2005 21:19:46 -0700

I am running SUSE 9.0 with a 2.4.21-280-smp4G kernel. I am wondering if
there is a 2.4 kernel with HMAC CryptoAPI support that I can (cleanly)
compile under this distribution ( I need it for Madwifi).

Also, what are people's experience with upgrading to the 2.6 kernel
from this distribution?
Thanks!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: OT: Operating systems are old and busted
    ... dependency issues outside of the kernel rather well, ... Most distributions, and the ones you mentioned, compile the ... have control of several Linux desktops, ... Still for the masses, the Linux distribution that "just works", and as ...
    (comp.sys.hp.mpe)
  • Re: thoughts on kernel security issues
    ... major security figure and/or haven't donated your life to security and ... the developer and more focus on the development. ... That's pretty complex in terms of kernel code, ... > most of the extra patches that distribution kernels apply are patches ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: [poll] Is the megafreeze development model broken?
    ... that problems with distribution packaged software should be reported ... Assuming your "stable base systems" contains the Linux kernel, ... The Debian kernel packages ... Ion, they just go ahead and install it from the distro, because there's ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: large files: when ubiquitous?
    ... But people wanting to compile ... >> some headers, that might have a resemblance to something ... >> that was once kernel headers for some particular kernel ... steps between two versions of their distribution. ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.system)
  • Re: [poll] Is the megafreeze development model broken?
    ... while providing optionally the latest kernel for those who want ... With 2.6.16 "new hardware" roughly equals to "sold during the ... "providing optionally the latest kernel" would be a horror to support ... distribution and putting it into a release. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)