"mount" after failed "reiserfsck" ?

From: Thomas (thomasbechteler_at_iyte.edu.tr)
Date: 04/28/05

Date: 28 Apr 2005 04:39:42 -0700

Dear Reader!

After an KDE crash the reiser file system was corrupted.
However only for that user which caused the crash, i.e.
that all other users could login without problems.
Under "root" the data of the corrupted user was readable.

After "reiserfsck --rebuild-tree" (what was suggested after
"reiserfsck --check") several serious errors were reported
(Unrecoverable error). Now the corrupted partition can't
even be mounted with "mount /dev/hdaX".

Is there any possibility to mount and read the data on this
corrupted partition?

Thanks for any hints.

Thomas

Relevant Pages

  • Re: nfs versus reiser?
    ... When I try to mount topoi:/reiseroffsite onto /reiseroffsite on lovesong, ... Aug 3 17:24:27 topoi rpc.mountd: getfh failed: Operation not permitted ... the remote reiser file system if I do this. ... This suggests strongly that it is topoi's mounted reiser file system that ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Open Suse 11.0 and reiser file system
    ... Since the reiser file system appears to be not a good thing to have ... My reiserfs mount without problem. ... Can I recover the contents? ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Open Suse 11.0 and reiser file system
    ... Since the reiser file system appears to be not a good thing to have ... Don't know how to convert but I have disk as reiserfs, ... My reiserfs mount without problem. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)