Re: Assigning a PATH

From: Richard Carlson (
Date: 05/03/05

Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 19:04:19 -0600

David wrote:

> On Mon, 02 May 2005 08:27:56 +0200, Christophe Vandeplas wrote:
>> Richard Carlson wrote:
>>> Simple question, how do you assign a PATH to a directory when installing
>>> a program using the console (terminal) program shell? In other words
>>> when installing a program with the ./configure ./make ./make install,
>>> the program hangs in the configure mode because it cannot find a program
>>> directory it needs to finish it's compilation. What is the proper text
>>> systax for directing the software to the directory it needs?
>>> Thnx,
>>> Rich
>> Adding something to your current path is easy.
>> just do: PATH=$PATH:/your/extra/path/bin
I'm trying to install Hugin 5.0 beta 4 onto my computer. I do a
Path=$Path:/usr/share/panorama-tools before my initial ./configure but
I still get the same results.
hecking for TIFFOpen in -ltiff... yes
checking if TIFF package is complete... yes
checking for PanoTools support ... 'ERRO MESSAGE'
configure: error: cannot find the panorama tools directory
My panorama-tools directory is in the /usr/share/panorama-tools directory.

What am I doing wrong here?