Re: avoiding acrobat reader 7 calling home

From: Perfect Reign (theperfectreign_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 05/12/05

Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 09:15:21 -0700

On 12 May 2005 08:42:35 -0700, someone posing as gcorani@despammed.com
donned fireproof bloomers and chiseled in the wall:

> I have installed acrobat reader 7 on my suse 9.2.
>
> the interface is much more "smooth", and also it renders much better
> some documents (for instance papers written in latex with default
> latex fonts).
>
> however, the problem is the calling-home feature.
>
> I have disabled javascript into the reader; moreover, although I'm
> using a direct connection to the internet, I told him to use a
> (inexistent) proxy.
>
> This way, I'm really going to avoid the logging of my activity with the
> reader ?

I haven't heard of this. What does it do? Does it track your activity? I
haven't installed it yet.

--
kai - theperfectreign@yahoo.com - www.perfectreign.com
kai:/> format a:

Relevant Pages

  • Re: The (near) future of book publishing
    ... wordprocessors, and will then be printed out by the reader, in any ... format the customer wishes, be it typewriter paper, hardbound glossy, ... have a Norton edition and a Cygnet edition and a (Random House ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)
  • Re: nochmals E-Book Reader
    ... Warum sollte ein Anbieter das tun? ... Ein großer marktbeherrschender Anbieter mit proprietärem Format gerät ... Bücher deshalb nicht kostenlos im neuen Format heruntergeladen werden ... Ich habe deshalb das WLAN an meinem Sony Reader abgeschaltet und lade ...
    (de.rec.buecher)
  • Re: Word 2007 and Add-In: Read in Microsoft Reader 1.1.3
    ... You may want to monitor the MS Reader discussion group through the link below. ... The Add-In creates XML files using the OBE format as an interim step. ... That one you can often bypass by unchecking the 'Convert to Microsoft Reader Formatting' choice in RMR ... Sometimes it requires a conversion to an older Word document format from within Word 2007 or pasting into an empty ...
  • Re: The (near) future of book publishing
    ... wordprocessors, and will then be printed out by the reader, in any ... format the customer wishes, be it typewriter paper, hardbound glossy, ...  You will even shop online for this ... Publishing houses will exist only as legal or consulting entities, ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)
  • Re: nochmals E-Book Reader
    ... Mit welchen Geräten kann ich welche E-Books von wem lesen? ... Reader auch wiedergeben kann erstmal nichts. ... mit dem Kindle an amazon gekettet. ... Ich habe auf ein unabhängiges Format gesetzt: ...
    (de.rec.buecher)