9.3 live - good initial experience

From: ac (aecnews_at_candt.demon.co.uk)
Date: 05/23/05

Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 21:33:48 +0100

I have just downloaded and tried 9.3 live dvd, and I am happily
surprised. It booted ok, and it found its way through the lan to the
internet, which is something that (on this PC anyway) knoppix cannot do
(to my frustration).

I like the general approach, facilities and style. It makes me want to
get it (!) I think I will. It is surely going to be good for suse business.

I got a slight surprise when I tried creating a new folder - and it made
one. Which remained on HD reboot. Then I realised it was a fat32
partition.....

--
alanc

Relevant Pages

  • Re: RISC OS Print server software?
    ... I really mean so that other computers on a LAN can use a printer ... directly connected to an Iyonix. ... Somewhat to my surprise, last night I successfully used one that I ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.apps)
  • Re: Preparing for SP1... Install W2K3 SP2
    ... My SP1 installation went VERY smooth. ... I did W2K3SP2 on all the servers. ... and it didn't reboot. ... Given all the tribulations I have had with 2007, this was a nice surprise. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.setup)
  • Re: Black Screen of Death
    ... Yes, I can hear your surprise, ... but I have seen it - spending hours changing everything else only to ... object and the screen goes black and the PC tries to reboot, ... is most probably your graphics card. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • [opensuse] Whoa! Where did the new blue moon & clouds grub bootsplash come from :-)
    ... I updated some of the e17 packages this evening and got a very pleasant ... surprise on reboot. ... A new bootsplash with a blue instead of a green theme. ...
    (SuSE)
  • KB883835,KB885836,KB873339 Update today
    ... again and i am surprise to see that there are 3 updates t be done. ... if there will be problem if i reboot. ... 'Precautions is better then cure". ... PLEASE HELP HOW CAN I DELETE THESE 3'KB, mnay thanks ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)