Re: vmware

From: Rick (none_at_nomail.com)
Date: 05/27/05

Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 13:09:14 GMT

On Fri, 27 May 2005 12:07:36 +0100, berrance wrote:

> hi,
>
> i was just wundering if anybody has tried vmware? and on linux?

Yes. I have used under Suse 9.1 and 9.2.

> i was thinking of trying vmware on my slackware box but to run windows
> programs under vmware do you need windows installed under vmware aswell to
> run the program.

You need window$ and whatever apps you are going to run.

> i just wanted to know for the M$ programs that wont work under wine,
> cedega and crossover

VMware emulates a full PC that your copy of windows runs on. Almost
everything works (not sure about cd burning an modems).

I use it to run some apps for work that will not run under wine.

--
Rick

Relevant Pages