Re: Firefox and Google preferences

From: Ufuk YILDIRIM (look_at_the.sig.nat.ure)
Date: 06/13/05

Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 20:00:18 +0100

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 10:38:59 -0700, Charlie wrote:

> I know this is a really stupid question, but how does one make Google's
> preferences stick using Firefox? I've enabled cookies and set my Google
> preferences. They'll stick for the session, but if I close the browser and
> reopen it, they disappear. Is there a secret I don't get?
>
> Thanks.

It is possible that when you close Firefox, the cookies are deleted. So,
you can check if that is so, by going Edit>Preferences>Privacy>Cookies
Check "Keep Cookies" drop down list, there are three options. One of them
is "until they expire", which should do the trick. If it is already the
default option, I don't know the solution.

--
Ufuk YILDIRIM
yildirim_ufuk<AT>yahoo<DOT>co<DOT>uk

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Little red x
    ... Try downloading another browser such as 'Firefox' by 'Mozilla'. ... After you get it running, go to the toolbar, and click on 'Tools' then 'Options' then set Firefox up to delete everything (temp files, cookies, etc) after you close the browser. ... There are several free spyware scanners out there and if you Google 'spyware scanner' you will get a list:) but I can reccomend AdAware by Lavasoft and SuperAntiSpyware and Spybot. ...
  • Re: For those who are frustrated by Google preferences not saving between sessions
    ... Setting preferences will not work if you have disabled cookies ... My browser accepts all cookies, but dumps them at the end of every ... session - so it looks like resetting Google preferences will be part ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: Do I have a virus?
    ... It has taken over certain sites on Firefox as well ... browser still tries to go there, but gives me a blank page. ... Similar cookies are deposited ... Dave Fritzinger ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Do I have a virus?
    ... It has taken over certain sites on Firefox as well ... browser still tries to go there, but gives me a blank page. ... Similar cookies are deposited ... Clearing cookies doesn't help. ...