Re: Read (execute) permissions

From: Patrick Grimbergen (patrick_at_grimweb.info)
Date: 09/22/05

Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 12:34:31 +0200

repo wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 08:37:55 +0000, Henk Oegema wrote:
>
>> I just copied all my MS Word documents from my windows laptop to my Linux
>> pc.
>> File permissions are as follows:
>> -rw------- 1 noboddy noboddy ........etc.
>> So I can't access any of the files.
>>
>> Question: How can I change the file permissions for ALL the files in ONE
>> command?? (hundreds of files). All the files are in one folder.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Henk
>
> chmod blabla /path_to_the_files/*.*

 or run konqueror as root and select all the files, then click-right and
select properties, rest speaks for itself...

--
A female beauty is something to take notice of, your OS isn't

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Read (execute) permissions
    ... >> I just copied all my MS Word documents from my windows laptop to my Linux ... Henk ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Read (execute) permissions
    ... I just copied all my MS Word documents from my windows laptop to my Linux ... How can I change the file permissions for ALL the files in ONE ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Linux for a non-profit org to be easy to switch?
    ... >> desktop machines which run Office, Internet Explorer, etc. or do you ... Then almost any linux distro will work for you. ... read and write MS Word documents. ... I'd personally recommend Mepis as it's the easiest install ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Stupid questions I need answered
    ... a repo, everything at the top of the releases from the repos. ... I've used Linux since ... headlines (if you actually LIKE to hunt for the news in all that XML.) ... Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: [opensuse] Linux-compatible GPS anyone ?
    ... I use a Garmin GPS35 in serial NEMA mode. ... POIs can be uploaded and downloaded from linux ... Start by adding this repo. ... and don't use waypoints (high end receivers seldom do ...
    (SuSE)