Re: system shutdown

From: Desterre (desterre_at_telenet.be)
Date: 10/01/05

Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2005 21:27:26 GMT

i found it,

its a skype thing

"Robert Hull" <Robert@please.do-not-spam.me.uk> schreef in bericht
news:1218187.2qQ8mBV1p7@please.do-not-spam.me.uk...
> In alt.os.linux.suse, on Tuesday 27 September 2005 16:33, Desterre
> <desterre@telenet.be> wrote:
>
>> hello,
>> I have a little suse 9.3 problem.
>> I cant seem to logout or shutdown the system in the kmenu
>> If i use the init 0 command it works.
>
> Within KDE, start the control centre and select System Administration /
> Login Manager
>
> You will need to go into "Administrator Mode" and this will ask for your
> root password
>
> Now choose the shutdown tab and set Local User to Everybody - I normally
> prefer to leave Remote User as Only Root
>
> Next, click Apply and try logging out, it should offer you the option of
> shutting down
>
> HTH
> --
> Robert
> This information provided free of charge for those willing to accept
> it. Others who wish to be spoon-fed may acquire my services at the
> discounted rate of 135 GB Pounds per hour or part thereof.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: unable to mount removable media with xfce4 version 4.10.1
    ... 1- xfce4 systematically records my sessions when I logout and I don't ... Finally i switch out from LightDM to slim, It not plays with Xinerama, ... for shutdown from it you need to know root password, ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: system shutdown
    ... start the control centre and select System Administration / ... Now choose the shutdown tab and set Local User to Everybody - I normally ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: shutdown and log out not working Ubuntu 11.10
    ... Shutdown, but selecting either of these does absolutely nothing? ... is added to the log when you click logout or shutdown. ... search for those on launchpad to see if the bug is already reported. ... In any case before I shut down I checked the sys log, there was no error message in there. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: apt-get dist-upgrade on shutdown ?
    ... There ought be a way to schedule a dist-upgrade, ... time I shutdown my computer - not on hibernate/suspend or even logout ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Xfce4, systemd - shutdown via builtin-dialog isnt working
    ... I _want_ NO display manager. ... Logout and shutdown dialog only enables logout. ... Never goes back to the virtual linux console from whence I started. ... Also, I would like to see Shutdown and Suspend enabled, of course. ...
    (Debian-User)