I guess I am going to attempt SuSe 10.0 on my laptop tonight!

From: piperut (rbehunin_at_alumni.weber.edu)
Date: 10/17/05

Date: 17 Oct 2005 09:46:31 -0700

Hi Folks,

I guess I am going to attempt installing SuSe 10.0 on my laptop
tonight.
I am not really sure how this is going to go.

I am not really clear on how to configure an 802 card in linux.

Other then that...

When I tried to install 9.3, the only thing that caused me a lot of
trouble was the network card. If I can get that configured, the laptop
will be good to go with linux.

roland

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [OT] Trying to change my OS from Windows to Linux/Mac
    ... Sometimes, network card is not working, other times, USB is not recognized, or Sound card is not working. ... I've tried on 5 different laptops with different Linux but none was perfect. ... I suggest you look into this for your laptop. ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)
  • Re: Recovery of Win files from Linux partition?
    ... >> there is ANY possibility to recover the data IN the Win partitio FROM ... Is there anything as Norton Utl that work in Linux an can see ... I'm considering installing SuSE on my new laptop (Windows XP Home ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: I guess I am going to attempt SuSe 10.0 on my laptop tonight!
    ... flipping burgers to boot the etch-a-sketch and scribble out: ... > I guess I am going to attempt installing SuSe 10.0 on my laptop ... > I am not really clear on how to configure an 802 card in linux. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Cyclist demographics?
    ... > laptop and it would not recognise the network card. ... I read a few months ago the received wisdom that Linux on laptops isn't ... because quite a few laptop components ...
    (uk.rec.cycling)
  • Ruggedized Itronix laptop HOWTO
    ... I bought a cheap ruggedized laptop and got Slackware Linux working on it. ... You have to have some copy of a Linux system to install it. ... Linux kernel and ramdisk. ...
    (alt.os.linux)