Toshiba Tecra 8000

From: Jim Jones (okieman7_at_cableone.net)
Date: 10/19/05

Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 19:01:09 -0500

I installed SuSe 10.0 on my Tecra 8000 with 300 Mhz processor and 256MB
of ram. It was a slow go installing but once it did install machine run
very well even with the KDE desktop. The sound works and the PCMCIA
network connector work well and even the Linksys USB Wireless Networking
Key is up and connected to the wireless router. The machine is a little
sluggish as one might guess do to the vintage of the processor, however
compared to the service we were getting out of the machine with XP
installed, it looks like a homerun to me!!

Jim

--
Linux Websites Links http://myweb.cableone.net/okieman7/linux.htm