Toshiba Tecra 8000

From: Jim Jones (okieman7_at_cableone.net)
Date: 10/19/05

Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 19:01:09 -0500

I installed SuSe 10.0 on my Tecra 8000 with 300 Mhz processor and 256MB
of ram. It was a slow go installing but once it did install machine run
very well even with the KDE desktop. The sound works and the PCMCIA
network connector work well and even the Linksys USB Wireless Networking
Key is up and connected to the wireless router. The machine is a little
sluggish as one might guess do to the vintage of the processor, however
compared to the service we were getting out of the machine with XP
installed, it looks like a homerun to me!!

Jim

--
Linux Websites Links http://myweb.cableone.net/okieman7/linux.htm

Relevant Pages

  • Toshiba Tecra 8000 and SuSe 10.0
    ... of ram. ... It was a slow go installing but once it did install machine run ... network connector work well and even the Linksys USB Wireless Networking ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: WARNING to potential LINUX users
    ... > audio which is not supported by linux. ... >> The very first thing I noticed was that there was NO SOUND even though ... >>started over with SuSE. ... So much for installing right out of the box on ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Might & Magic 7 - Unstable???????
    ... > house, store or whatever, the voices sound like one of the keys is ... I've never tried MM7 under WinXP. ... It's a slightly quirky game anyway, ... Just out of curiosity I may try installing it on one of my WinXP computers ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg)
  • Re: 8400 - Choppy Sound - Dont Call Dell
    ... If you have a spare sound card lying around then you could try installing ... Dell copy of windows then they will help you BUT if its your own O/S then ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: No sound from onboard audio controller
    ... talked her through installing XP, SP3 again and installing her other ... I managed to get her to do various checks and it comes up no sound ... Device manager lists audio codecs etc but does not mention the AC97 ... Busy busy busy. ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)