Missionary work

From: Amnon Feiner (none_at_none.com)
Date: 10/22/05

Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 23:22:04 GMT

Went to a friend of mine this afternoon to help with a PC crisis, his XP
Laptop will not boot he could not get to his e-mail. He is flying on a
business trip tomorrow, you know the story. coincidently, I had my SuSE
10.0 DVD with me, and an hour later he had a smile on his face. So far he
likes it, he does nothing but Internet and e-mail, so he is an easy
convert... His first question after setup was
Should I pull out my Norton AV? :-)

It's all in the K.
-
Amnon Feiner
http://www.woodcontour.com
Solid Wood and Stone PC Peripherals.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Login Password
    ... I have a friend who bought a used HP laptop from Best Buy that had been returned and he does not know the User Password to be able to sign in. ... If the person or business from whom your friend purchased the computer cannot give your friend the password, I would also strongly suggest that your friend check with local law enforcement agencies to ensure the laptop isn't stolen and he hasn't inadvertently purchased stolen property. ... Can you boot to Safemode and delete User Password while in Safemode? ...
  • Re: Missionary work
    ... > Went to a friend of mine this afternoon to help with a PC crisis, ... > Laptop will not boot he could not get to his e-mail. ... You are about to enter another dimension, ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • RE: mlock(1)
    ... laptop against, what is their level of commitment, and what on the laptop are you ... The thingwe are trying to protect in the swap space are the ram images of the ... cryptoswap key at every boot and then throw it away. ... Any "restore" methodology can be attacked by definition because the attacker can ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Johnf Congratulations on becoming self-appointed critic with no constructive help.
    ... Many people in a no boot situation are inconvenienced when they can't use ... "Also we have an egotistical "I want you to" reply from Chad, with advice ... Debbie & her friend are concerned. ... >> What do you do when *you can't get into Safe Mode John*? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Windows will not boot under any circumstances!
    ... want to see if your laptop will boot. ... Recovery Process from the Partition get before it fails? ... Then try to see if it will boot. ... you mentioned that i could use AVG to make a bootable CD/DVD thingy... ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)