Re: Suse 10 x64 PCI wireles card or usb card 54g

From: Gregory Toomey (nobody_at_bigpond.com)
Date: 10/26/05

Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 01:24:50 GMT

godindav wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am new to linux and don't have much skill outside the graphical user
> interface. I have PCI 54g linksys card that used the Broadcom chipset
> and from what I am reading my luck in getting that to work is next to
> impossible.
>
> Can someone tell me what PCI wireless card or USB wireless card will be
> detected and configured automatically by x64 Suse 10. I plan to go and
> buy it so please be certain. Thanks for your help it is really
> appreciated.
>
> David

I have a howto for 802.11b. Also works for netgear ma311. I buy these cheap on ebay.
http://www.gregorytoomey.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=3&Itemid=2

Wifi in linux is a mess. Openbsd is far more complete & logical http://openbsd.org/37.html#new

gtoomey

Relevant Pages

  • Re: P5/Celeron comments?
    ... type of video capture card require. ... That restriction is caused by the mix of PCI Express and PCI ... which means a PCI bus card may get the "short straw". ... and you only get time slices from each camera. ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • CRASH: SATA + 8139 + Via Rhine = STOP
    ... On the other side I have an 8139 based card. ... a Silicon Image Serial-ATA card on the PCI bus. ... raid5 personality registered as nr 4 ... md: Autodetecting RAID arrays. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Help me choose S775 board please
    ... as these will just default to lower speed and take my USB3 card without and issues, sorry if I've not made myself 100%. ... Look for a P45 based board, with at least two PCI Express ... if it is included on the motherboard. ... standard, each lane was 250MB/sec, so 8 lanes of wiring can ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • [RFC / git patch] Move pci_find_* under CONFIG_PCI_LEGACY
    ... converting ancient drivers to PCI hotplug API, ... config HISAX_TELESPCI ... bool "NETspider U card" ... +#ifdef CONFIG_PCI_LEGACY ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: pci-e x 1 and pci-e x 16
    ... we had the PCI bus. ... to make the new interface ... video card slot, you'll see pairs of tiny chip capacitors ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)