Re: need to resete fire fox to default theme

From: StvyLife (no2spam_at_trial13.hotmail.com)
Date: 10/27/05

Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 06:01:49 GMT

StvyLife wrote:

> mst wrote:

>>> Too bad that one of them was not the power to quote correctly or to
>>> avoid top-posting
>>
>> Stvylife was a notorious poster, asking every question
>> in life that they couldnt easily figure out on their own.
>>
>> Maybe the parade is starting again?
>>
> yep you spoke too soon; glad you noticed seems like you put too much
> effort in noticing things. I not bothered by you mst because you will
> alway be that creature that runs around looking for something to stir or
> notice?...
>

> Well the issue now, is that fixing one thing has cause another.
> Now something is restricting my security access. I am think that is
> something in the ball park of an identity mixup. As I stated earlier, I
> copied the default profile from the OPT directory to my user profile in
> the .mozilla folder. I get the SSL disable everytime I got to a place
> where I have to log in. So what could I have copied that would put such a
> restriction. I did most of that as root.
>
> and I every time I start firefox and get an alert message with states that
> "Could not initialize browser security component. The most likely cause is
> problem with the profile directory." It also talks about something may be
> read write restricted.
>
> Now I am on the hunt to find that out.
> hhmmm.

it's all set now; okay I just went in as root; and then changed the
permission on all the files to user rather than root; I the they carried
the property of the root user because that where I copied it from.
so problem solved. take not mst incase it ever happend to you.
no charge....

steve

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Setting the EDITOR environment variable for root
    ... Hi Mutts, to set root profile you need edit /.profile this is the root ...
    (comp.sys.sun.admin)
  • RE: (mis)using RBAC...
    ... with the ability to selectively allocate root ... sudo prompts for the user's own password. ... I created a profile called "Web Administration" ... Web Administration:::Role for restarting webservers:: ...
    (Focus-SUN)
  • Re: [patch 4/6] mm: merge populate and nopage into fault (fixes nonlinear)
    ... interested in dirty pages only for the correctness issue, ... Not if we restricted it to root and mlocked tmpfs. ... Restricting to root doesn't buy you much, ... UML _will_ want to get ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Woodstock Glider
    ... The tip foil should stall later, ... between the chord lines of the root and tip sections, ... can see that the profile goes from sort of flat-bottomed at the tip to ... scaling of your DWGs; if you keep an eye on them you'll be fine. ...
    (rec.aviation.soaring)
  • Re: roots PATH variable
    ... > Solaris servers but: ... > If root has no .profile, where does it get its PATH environment from? ... I AM an idiot! ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)