Re: SuSE 10.1 (GNOME) Screenshots

From: Vahis (vahis_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 11/19/05

Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 16:03:39 +0200

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> Screenshot gallery just out:
>
> http://shots.osdir.com/slideshows/slideshow.php?release=506&slide=6
>
> I don't like the looks of that. I still long for KDE as the default WM.
> Either way, this is the alpha 3 of SuSE 10.1. I imagine that this move to
> GNOME is the reason for the point one?... SuSE 9.1 comes to mind, so
> probably not.
>
> Roy

What is now wrong?
There are equal options to choose KDE, Gnome or other.
If you choose any of them you can take the others, too.

What exactly is your problem?
There are defaults later in the installation in 10.0 worse than not
default at all. Just one example: ssh disabled as default = good,
but if chosen to enabled, root login enabled = bad, default = ssh1 & 2 =
bad, should be default ssh 2 only.
Did you ever notice anything important in there or are you just nagging
for nothing?

--
Vahis, and quote of the day:
The ONLY thing that seems to band all nations together, is that their

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Linux FTP Clients
    ... > Roy Schestowitz wrote: ... >> I recommend KDE and Konqueror if you were ever to consider Linux? ... >> edit the files over FTP as if they were placed locally. ... I use gFTP because it's multi-threaded. ...
    (alt.html)
  • Re: SuSE 10.1 (GNOME) Screenshots
    ... Roy Schestowitz wrote: ... I still long for KDE as the default WM. ... Gnome has always been gawdawful ugly IMO. ... Gimme KDE and I'm happy. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Where are the contacts in Kontact stored?
    ... Roy Schestowitz wrote: ... Assuming it has not chnaged in more recent versions of KDE (owing to ... It contains the settings that correspond to a ...
    (comp.windows.x.kde)
  • Re: SuSE 10.1 (GNOME) Screenshots
    ... > Screenshot gallery just out: ... I still long for KDE as the default WM. ... If I look only at the screenshots, ... You are about to enter another dimension, ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: SuSE 10 Beta 3 Screenshots
    ... Roy Schestowitz wrote: ... > OSDir.com have added a screenshot gallery for beta 3. ... You are about to enter another dimension, ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)