Re: SuSE 10.1 (GNOME) Screenshots

From: Vahis (vahis_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 11/19/05

Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 16:03:39 +0200

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> Screenshot gallery just out:
>
> http://shots.osdir.com/slideshows/slideshow.php?release=506&slide=6
>
> I don't like the looks of that. I still long for KDE as the default WM.
> Either way, this is the alpha 3 of SuSE 10.1. I imagine that this move to
> GNOME is the reason for the point one?... SuSE 9.1 comes to mind, so
> probably not.
>
> Roy

What is now wrong?
There are equal options to choose KDE, Gnome or other.
If you choose any of them you can take the others, too.

What exactly is your problem?
There are defaults later in the installation in 10.0 worse than not
default at all. Just one example: ssh disabled as default = good,
but if chosen to enabled, root login enabled = bad, default = ssh1 & 2 =
bad, should be default ssh 2 only.
Did you ever notice anything important in there or are you just nagging
for nothing?

--
Vahis, and quote of the day:
The ONLY thing that seems to band all nations together, is that their