SuSE Linux 10 hangs during boot process

From: Christian Schmidbauer (purzel30_at_web.de)
Date: 11/26/05

Date: 26 Nov 2005 09:31:05 -0800

Hello!

After the installation of SuSE Linux 10 on my compuer (Acer T140, AMD
3200+, Geforce 6600) I restart it.

At the following line it hangs:

PCI: Probing PCI hardware (bus 00)

After that message nothing occurs. Does anybody have the same problem?
What can I do to solve this?

Thanks in advance,
Christian

Relevant Pages

  • SuSE Linux 10 hangs during boot process
    ... Geforce 6600) I restart it. ... At the following line it hangs: ... Probing PCI hardware (bus 00) ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • lockup in save mode
    ... Do you know why my system always stops when booting up in safe mode at the ... Probing PCI hardware ... My system nas a PCI-express bus and the only card installed is a 6600 ... I cant install the graphics driver using YaST due to the problems explained ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Installation fails
    ... Tried numerous bios setups but still hangs at Probing PCI Hardware. ... works fine in XP Pro. ... Prev by Date: ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • failed installation
    ... Tried numerous bios setups but still hangs at Probing PCI Hardware. ... works fine in XP Pro. ... Prev by Date: ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: Installation fails
    ... Tried numerous bios setups but still hangs at Probing PCI Hardware. ... return addy is spam trap try je hurst at gmail dot com. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)