Re: minor USB camera problem on linux

steve zmarszczył się, zamyślił i w wiadomości z piątek, 2 grudnia 2005
00:01 napisał:

>> What does /etc/fstab say with regard to USB devices?
>>

> /dev/hda6 / reiserfs acl,user_xattr 1 1
> /dev/hda8 /data1 auto noauto,user 0 0
> /dev/hda7 /data2 auto noauto,user 0 0
> /dev/hda5 swap swap pri=42 0 0
> devpts /dev/pts devpts mode=0620,gid=5 0 0
> proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
> usbfs /proc/bus/usb usbfs noauto 0 0
> sysfs /sys sysfs noauto 0 0
> /dev/cdrom /media/cdrom subfs
> noauto,fs=cdfss,ro,procuid,nosuid,nodev,exec,iocharset=utf8 0 0
> /dev/fd0 /media/floppy subfs
> noauto,fs=floppyfss,procuid,nodev,nosuid,sync 0 0
> 192.168.2.9:/home /home nfs defaults 0 0

I have also something like:

/dev/sda /media/pendrive subfs
rw,noauto,fs=auto,procuid,nodev,nosuid,sync 0 0 # Pen
drive

> the problem is not that cameras do not show up, just after a day or
> a couple of days of plugging and un plugging they stop showing up.
> but a re-boot fixes it.

Strange... I haven't experienced it, though actually, I usually turn
off my computer regularly. I know, it's not a linux way, but I don't
like noise at night. :)

--
Best regards,

(js).

PS. When responding directly, please remove a dash with all the
following letters.

  • "Removable Drives and Media" panel
    ... January 26, 2009 2:29:19 PM Mike Castle wrote, ... appropriate (this stuff can change with hot plugging, right?), one ... Cameras" tab is in the works? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: No Signal
    ... Nowt much. ... But try plugging it in again and something might. ... Bill ... Prev by Date: ...
    (uk.tech.tv.sky)
  • Re: Monitor Acts Wierd
    ... card are still working OK by plugging in a different monitor. ... Prev by Date: ...
    (sci.electronics.repair)
  • Re: USB Flash Drive
    ... > Thanks for the response, ... leaving me with ... Try plugging a different drive into your PC. ... Prev by Date: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: new gardener - problem already!
    ... No education ever came cheap. ... Keep plugging. ... Prev by Date: ...
    (rec.gardens)