Re: WLAN card keeps disconnecting

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 09:14:00 +0100, Georg Schmidt wrote:

monitor tools

> Dear Valentin,
>
> Thank you for your help. If I switch encryption off the card works fine.
> The problems only occur if I have WPA-PSK switched on. Before updating
> the drivers WEP encryption also worked, but I haven't tried that with the
> new drivers, so I cannot say for definite that this is still working.
> However, open networks are OK with the updated drivers.

It is still possible that you have an RF related issue. I'm more inclined
to believe that the problem is incompatibility of the encryption drivers
with your particular kernel.

> Can you recommend a RF monitoring tool?

Two which immediately spring to my mind are KWiFimanager, and Wavemon.
You'll find both of them on your installation media, in all the
repositories, and all over the web in pre-compiled binary form, for almost
any distribution out there.

> Thanks again for your help,
> Georg

Regards,

vg

  • Re: WLAN card keeps disconnecting
    ... The signal seems to be stable, under Windows I can easily connect and when monitoring the signal strength in RaConfig it also indicates no problems. ... If I switch encryption off the card works fine. ... new drivers, so I cannot say for definite that this is still working. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: XP wireless questions ...setting encryption
    ... I never use the Linksys software for drivers. ... 802.1x authentication is only used with WPA encryption. ... wireless network. ... The manufacturers client program ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: Linksys wireless networking
    ... > 1) How well do the Linux drivers for Linksys WPC11 PCMCIA card work. ... > 2) Is 128 bit encryption supported in Linux? ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Linksys wireless networking
    ... about getting the Linksys BEFW11S4 Wireless AP + Cable/DSL Router w/4-Port ... How well do the Linux drivers for Linksys WPC11 PCMCIA card work. ... Is 128 bit encryption supported in Linux? ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: WLAN card keeps disconnecting
    ... This is what I did so far: -downloaded the latest RT2500 drivers and installed them - use RaConfig2500 to enter the key and establish a connection with the router ... monitoring tools, so that you can perform analysis of what the RF part of ... differences, if any, when you disabled encryption on the access point, and ... What were the results of monitoring the RF signals passing back and forth ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)