Re: WLAN card keeps disconnecting

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 09:14:00 +0100, Georg Schmidt wrote:

monitor tools

> Dear Valentin,
>
> Thank you for your help. If I switch encryption off the card works fine.
> The problems only occur if I have WPA-PSK switched on. Before updating
> the drivers WEP encryption also worked, but I haven't tried that with the
> new drivers, so I cannot say for definite that this is still working.
> However, open networks are OK with the updated drivers.

It is still possible that you have an RF related issue. I'm more inclined
to believe that the problem is incompatibility of the encryption drivers
with your particular kernel.

> Can you recommend a RF monitoring tool?

Two which immediately spring to my mind are KWiFimanager, and Wavemon.
You'll find both of them on your installation media, in all the
repositories, and all over the web in pre-compiled binary form, for almost
any distribution out there.

> Thanks again for your help,
> Georg

Regards,