BlueFish, localhost, Apache2, PHP

I'm not sure what direction I need to ask for help from but i will try
to explain my problem as succinctly as I can. I use BlueFish to edit
webpages. As long as they were HTML pages everything works as it
should. I can modify the HTML and then use the External Browser
command to look at the page in a number of different browsers.

However if I try to do the same with PHP files, BlueFish just wants to
launch another session of itself. I needed to load Apache and also
loaded PHP5. I can look at the PHP pages now if I load them
in /srv/www/htdocs and preface the page with "http://localhost/"; just
fine. However I can't seem to find the right formula to load the pages
with BlueFish if I change the command line for the browser by adding
http://localhost as the program thinks the file location is now
"http://localhost/srv/www/htdocs/directory_of_files/some_page.php";
does anyone use BlueFish to look at their files while running Apache?

Also I am a little confused about the Alias stuff in Apache. If I put
everything in /srv/www/htdocs I can look at the pages in the browser
with htp://localhost/name_of_page.php (or .html). Normally I keep all
the webpages I work on in a directory called Webpages under
my /home/darrell directory. With plain HTML files I could in the past
look at the page by putting name_of_page.html in the location bar or
right clicking on the file name in Konqueror and choosing Open with
Firefox, Galeon, whatever. Now since I have to use Apache and PHP to
look at PHP files, I have to put them in /srv/www/htdocs instead. How
can I redirect Apache to allow me to see them
in /home/darrell/Webpages? Or can I just put them
in /home/darrell/public_html? I want them in the /home directory
because it is on a separate partition and stays put when I upgrade Suse
versions. /srv/www as far as I can tell gets reinvented with each new
version upgrade.

--
Later,
Darrell Stec darstec@xxxxxxxxxx

Webpage Sorcery
http://webpagesorcery.com
We Put the Magic in Your Webpages

  • Re: object references/memory access
    ... between two python programs on the same machine. ... by the client web browser would improve? ... and connect this to Apache through the ... The CGI script has a file handle, and it is not possible to pass ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: PHP / MySQL
    ... Should I be able to click on a php file and have it ... I have Apache, MySQL servers running. ... running, you can type, http://localhost in your browser and get the ... develope your web sites, all of the applications that you use have ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: PHP / MySQL
    ... Should I be able to click on a php file and have it ... I have Apache, MySQL servers running. ... running, you can type, http://localhost in your browser and get the ... develope your web sites, all of the applications that you use have access ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: PHP / MySQL
    ... Should I be able to click on a php file and have it ... I have Apache, MySQL servers running. ... running, you can type, http://localhost in your browser and get the ... develope your web sites, all of the applications that you use have access ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: AN: GuruGram #68 now available for free download...
    ... The key to any website is getting the information out. ... level of browser, but still lets people in no matter what). ... reason for all that gloss and flash. ... I've wasted way too much time over the years waiting for webpages ...
    (sci.electronics.design)