Re: viamichelin maps ...

Alan Searle schreef:

Dirk Roos wrote:
Alan Searle schreef:

Dirk Roos wrote:
Alan Searle schreef:

I have been using viamichelin for on-line maps and found that it worked
with other versions of Linux (Knoppix).

I have recently switched to SuSE 10 and find that although the maps will
display correctly, I cannot print out the map itself: The frame and
text will display but the box where the map should be is blank.

I tried first printing to file (ps) and then trying to print to the
printer also gives the same results (i.e. even in the ps file the map
area is blank).

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this? Or maybe another map program
which works OK?

Many thanks,
Alan Searle
I guess it's not the OS you should investigate but rather your browser.
---
Dirk Roos
I'm using Firefox 1.0.7 on SuSE 10. And find that I have the same
problem with Konquerer (standard browser with SuSE 10).

Current version is 1.5.0.1, so that might be the problem ?
---
Dirk Roos

I went into YaST looking to see if they have another version but they
only had 1.0.7. So my question now is whether there is a comfortable
way to upgrade the browser (maybe directly from Firefox)? Or do I need
simply to get the latest version from the web and install from scratch.

Thanks very much for pointing me in the right direction.

Regards,
Alan Searle

I upgraded directly from FireFox and had no problems.

.