Problems mounting data CD's
- From: Robert Kopp <kopp.robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 23:50:39 -0800
My optical drive is a Lite-ON 12X DVD burner. When I
insert a data CD (for example, to install a program),
an application sometimes pops up offering to open it,
and sometimes not.
If not? Then I try to mount the CD, but that's a lost
cause. The likely reason is the entry in fstab, as
follows, but I'm not quite sure what's wrong.
/dev/dvdrecorder /media/dvdrecorder subfs
If I cd to /media/dvdrecorder as root, it says "No
medium found." (There are no complaints with mount
/media/dvdrecorder, but it seems not to do it.) When I
attempt to mount it as /dev/hdc, which it actually is,
I get the "bad option, bad superblock" sort of thing.
What's going on?
Robert T. Kopp
- Prev by Date: vim ranges saving question
- Next by Date: Re: KMix, PCM & amaroK ... volume sets itself to zero
- Previous by thread: vim ranges saving question
- Next by thread: Re: Problems mounting data CD's