Re: KMix, PCM & amaroK ... volume sets itself to zero

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 17:09:52 +0100, Alan Searle wrote:

Jim Adamthwaite wrote:
I tried switching to Xine but that was also problematic and the playlist
seemed to skip through every entry without playing.

Google for:
The Jem Report - Hacking Open SUSE

It is concise.
Jim Adamthwaite.

Hi Jim,

Yes, I found this thread but it was a very long one and seemed to cover
mostly playing DVDs (I think). I couldn't find anything about this
problem of KMix setting PCM to zero.

I have googled the problem and several others seem to have had this
problem but I couldn't find a fix.

If you have any other tips or can point me towards a particular section
of the thread, then this would be very useful.

Regards,
Alan Searle.

Your right, this problem has appeared many times so a search on google
groups alt.os.linux.suse: with the right combination of words should turn
up the fix.
I'm pretty sure the answer is to remove kmix and to use
alsamixer.

  • Re: PERSEPOLIS is coming to your town (eventually)
    ... It premiered in DC this weekend (on 3 screens!), and Google reports ... that it's currently playing in Chicago, Boston, ... and the only place I bet it'll show up is the "Super Cinemas" ...
    (rec.arts.animation)
  • Re: OT: Big bro is listening to you
    ... Comment The first thing that came out of our mouths when we heard that ... in the background, and then serves you relevant adverts, was "that's ... How can Google think they can get away with this? ... I myself like playing weird shit like Alice Cooper's "Welcome to My Nightmare" when I'm not at home, via iTunes over my Airport station of course, and "tivo-ing" anything about Martha Stewart that I can find ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: "you ever been bit by a dead bee?"
    ... notch. ... playing him? ... I'm too lazy to google it. ...
    (rec.music.gdead)
  • Facial recognition software.
    ... so some will slag me off for being late to this one ... but fook me that was impressive! ... I was playing with Google+ adding in pictures because sadly Kodak has finally decided that storing so many for people has cost them too much and is shutting down the kodakgallery. ...
    (uk.rec.motorcycles)
  • Re: Angels We Have Heard On High
    ... > ansermetniac wrote: ... >> Who wrote the Music to my favorite Christmas Carol? ... Google says ... >unless they're playing a more rustic version those little bellows-blown ...
    (rec.music.classical.recordings)