Re: Time zone jumping
- From: houghi <houghi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 22:30:47 +0200
David Bolt wrote:
So I am probably mistaken. How often does this server check for the
It varies, anywhere from about once per minute upto once every 17
Well, then I am happy not to run it, because I think that is overkill. I
run mine one every 24 hours and consider that already overkill. Once
every week should be enough. I am just too lazy to change it, because I
don't have it running at boot.
That would mean that in the worst case, the clock won't be updated for
two weeks. Now this is two days and that is acceptable, I think.
Once heard about a person who had to configure some servers for some
reason to run at the same time. The result was that these servers ran
within the requred timedifference (difference was much less then a
second). However the time they ran was 17 minutes difference of the real
world time. That was however not an issue. :-)
houghi Please do not toppost http://houghi.org
Roses are #FF0000, Violets are #0000FF,
All my base are belong to you. Happy Valentine.
- Prev by Date: Re: How to clean up the file system?
- Next by Date: Re: Gnome vs. KDE - is this true?
- Previous by thread: Re: Time zone jumping
- Next by thread: Re: Time zone jumping