Re: Better upgrade your Suse 10

John Bowling wrote:
Additional installation sources add a lot of time to update/installation.
Most are on slower servers where they don't expect a lot access.
Yast has to open each one and get the list of files available on that
server, and that often takes a few minuets for each additional
installation source.

This is not about additional installation sources. This is about the
standard updates you do whith YOU. If you install 10.0, you get 200MB of
updates.

As I said, the download was not an issue timewise. It was the
installation of these sources that took most time.
--
houghi Please do not toppost http://houghi.org
Roses are #FF0000, Violets are #0000FF,