Re: Better upgrade your Suse 10

John Bowling wrote:
Additional installation sources add a lot of time to update/installation.
Most are on slower servers where they don't expect a lot access.
Yast has to open each one and get the list of files available on that
server, and that often takes a few minuets for each additional
installation source.

This is not about additional installation sources. This is about the
standard updates you do whith YOU. If you install 10.0, you get 200MB of
updates.

As I said, the download was not an issue timewise. It was the
installation of these sources that took most time.
--
houghi Please do not toppost http://houghi.org
Roses are #FF0000, Violets are #0000FF,

  • Re: KDE322 into 9.0
    ... > as an installation source in YaST. ... > directory on server: ... As long as I've been using Yast it's been loosing it ... Then I ran rpm -Uvf *.rpm against the lot ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • [opensuse] Adding an installation source to YaST (SUSE 10.0 AMD64 x 2)
    ... It's time I got this business of adding installation sources to YaST thing sorted. ... I'd really like to install the latest versions of Mono and Monodevelop, so I went to the web site, which advises SUSE uses to add the installation source: ... Finally, just for the heck of it, I turned refresh off and tried again. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Adding an installation source to YaST (SuSE 10.0/AMD64)
    ... I've made several abortive attempts to add an installation source to YaST without success. ... I'd really like to install the latest versions of Mono and Monodevelop, so I went to the web site, which advises SUSE uses to add the installation source: ... Finally, just for the heck of it, I turned refresh off and tried again. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: [SLE] KDE3.3.1
    ... > a document somewhere that explains the steps to use when dependences are ... Easiest is to do the following with YaST: ... Add the ftp.gwdg.de ftp site as an http installation source. ... choose "Update installed packages only" and uncheck "delete ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [SLE] Spamassassin (spamd) on 9.2
    ... > Check the installation source in yast: ... > Fire up yast and check again for missing and clashing packages. ...
    (SuSE)