- From: Rob Williams <rob.williams1973**NO_SPAMfirstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 19:48:32 GMT
Hi all. First post on this NG. I've finally moved over to Linux (Suse 9.3), after my ailing XP laptop finally gave up the ghost.
Anyway, i've managed to get it installed and running on my box, without major problems. And first impressions are very good. Certainly a major improvement in terms of fucntionalltiy!
My question (and this DOES sound stupid), if i need to install programs and place an icon on the desktop, how do i do it? Am i right in thinking that it's a different process than with Windows.
TIA for any help given.
- Prev by Date: Re: How do you set up the extra buttons on your mouse?
- Next by Date: Re: Web browsers
- Previous by thread: Re: Wireless Adapter Works better in Windows, WTF!
- Next by thread: Re: Linux Newbie.