Re: DSL on SUSE
- From: Dan Andersson <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 20:31:30 +0100
jon cosby wrote:
Mem: 497712k total, 382540k used, 115172k free, 39824k buffers
Swap: 0k total, 0k used, 0k free, 182996k cached
You're out of swap!
You have either never setup any swap partition - which I don't believe any
distro will let you get away with or something bad happened in you startup
Try "swap on"
Your box reports 497712k in RAM and you are currently using 382540k. As soon
as you use up the final 115172k of RAM, your box will hit the wall. This is
what might be happening through the startup script execution.
As 115172k of free RAM is a piss in the Mississippi, I recommend you taking
a deep breath and start the partitioner immediately!
- Prev by Date: Re: DSL on SUSE
- Next by Date: Re: DSL on SUSE
- Previous by thread: Re: DSL on SUSE
- Next by thread: Re: DSL on SUSE