Re: nvidia driver installation?

In message <4447b782$0$22982$c83e3ef6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Morten Sylte
<msylte@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

But as others have suggested already... The easy way to install the
graphics driver is to use YAST...!! :-)

It is a great pity that despite Suse being the superb distro it is, it
is still unable to correctly install and configure the average Nvidia
graphics card, even in version 10.0. Yes, YAST will install a driver
that may work for some of you but it has never worked _optimally_ for
me. Either the refresh rate is wrong or the screen size cannot be
matched to my Iiyama monitor or the window is shaped almost like a
pyramid, etc, etc. Now my Ati card is recognised and configured with
ease so why cannot Novell / Suse manage the same feat for Nvidia cards?
Most depressing.

Bob

  • Re: Failing to get wireless card working on Toshiba + Suse
    ... > bought a copy of Suse 9.3 Professional. ... > intermittently from wireless issues. ... Once the install was over and Linux had rebooted, ... > I reinstalled from the DVD and this time, the wireless card wouldn't ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Video on Compaq R4000
    ... Are SuSE on crack? ... This video card may be new enough that the ... can't get the laptop and the desktop to see each other on the ethernet ...
    (comp.os.linux.portable)
  • Re: Install Airsnort in Suse 9.0 - Airsnort & WG511 howto for Suse 9.0
    ... > I have problems installing AirSnort y Suse 9.0. ... > HowTo to install Airsnort or GTK+?. ... Verify that you have the following installed on your Suse box using ... wireless card needs to start before the network is initiated. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Gentoo LiveCD + 3Com509B + dhcpcd = zilch?
    ... an older SuSE for a long time, and YaST Online Update no longer works. ... eth0" exits immediately, only printing "eth0: ... I used 3C5X9CFG.EXE to set the card back to PnP. ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: Live-CD resolutions
    ... > I am going to try that one too, thanks for reminding me to download it. ... >> Knoppix was great, quick to boot with full knowledge of my system. ... >> Suse had the same small font issue as mandrake move but I was able to ... video card or sound properties. ...
    (alt.linux)