Re: nvidia driver installation?
- From: Bob Adams <me@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 21:25:59 GMT
In message <4447b782$0$22982$c83e3ef6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Morten Sylte
But as others have suggested already... The easy way to install the
graphics driver is to use YAST...!! :-)
It is a great pity that despite Suse being the superb distro it is, it
is still unable to correctly install and configure the average Nvidia
graphics card, even in version 10.0. Yes, YAST will install a driver
that may work for some of you but it has never worked _optimally_ for
me. Either the refresh rate is wrong or the screen size cannot be
matched to my Iiyama monitor or the window is shaped almost like a
pyramid, etc, etc. Now my Ati card is recognised and configured with
ease so why cannot Novell / Suse manage the same feat for Nvidia cards?
- Prev by Date: Re: KNODE or ???
- Next by Date: Re: Problems with files greater than 2 GB on Suse 10 Retail
- Previous by thread: Re: nvidia driver installation?
- Next by thread: RC2 out end of the week