Re: Toshiba P109-100 WiFi

Andrej Macko wrote:

Hello,

I've the Toshiba P100-109 notebook, having the Intel 3945ABG onboard. I've
downloaded and installed the Intel's drivers with firmware, daemon and
ieee80211 packages, but I can not see the eth1 interface.

In kernel's log, I can see "can't int nic" and "mac is in deep sleep" or
something. I guess the card needs to be somehow kicked on, as the notebook
has both a hard key (on/off) and a soft key (Fn+F8) for this. Of course, the
soft-key is doing nothing under linux..

Any ideas?

Thank you,
Andrej

I'm sort of struggeling with the same problem this very moment on my brandnew HP
DV8288EA. If you find the solution, please post it here. I'll do the same.

Marc
--
MarineYacht Yacht Charters
www.marineyacht.com

  • Toshiba P109-100 WiFi
    ... I've the Toshiba P100-109 notebook, ... downloaded and installed the Intel's drivers with firmware, daemon and ... ieee80211 packages, but I can not see the eth1 interface. ... has both a hard key and a soft key for this. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Toshiba P109-100 WiFi
    ... I've the Toshiba P100-109 notebook, ... ieee80211 packages, but I can not see the eth1 interface. ... has both a hard key and a soft key for this. ... Will install RC3 delta's over it in within an hour hopefully. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Toshiba P109-100 WiFi
    ... I've the Toshiba P100-109 notebook, ... has both a hard key and a soft key for this. ... to get my wireless card working out of the box! ... Be sure to download and burn the ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Clean Installs are Remarkable
    ... even in 2006 on my old notebook a dist-upgrade wa doe in a few hours completly ... no 1,7134 - do not forget the devel-stuff ... 1,734 packages ...
    (Fedora)
  • RPM command stalls computer
    ... I started noticing an odd situation on my notebook the other day. ... 'yum update' and yum went to work downloading everything. ... It seems to be solely with the 'rpm' command. ... The same also occurs when I try to upgrade or remove packages ...
    (Fedora)