X Window change

I upgraded several pc's from Suse 9.3 to 10.0 and noticed a change/bug in Xwindows. Previously when I opened a Decterm session (a terminal emulation provided by OpenVMS) from a remote OpenVMS system the terminal
window was created with 80 columns and 24 rows. Now it gets created with
80 columns and 23 rows. There has been no change to the remote system so I assume it's something changed on the Linux side.

As a work around, I changed the default setting to 25 lines and now it creates a terminal with 24. This however is a kludge as some software reads the number of lines and behaves accordingly.

It looks like there is some extra space at the bottom of the terminal window which wasn't there before.

Any assistance or pointers would be appreciated.

Jeff Coffield
.