Re: SUSE 10.1 review.

__/ [ Dirk Roos ] on Friday 12 May 2006 19:06 \__

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

__/ [ houghi ] on Friday 12 May 2006 17:15 \__

jonwickes@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
10.1 is a solid release, and with reviews like this turning out around
the net it might be time to update.

I read it and saw nothing that would makes a Joe Sixpack upgrade.
Especially not from 10.0.

Joe Sixpack does not upgrade. Joe Sixpack goes to the shop and gets a new
box from an OEM. The key is in getting such positive reviews and compel
manufacturer to deliver SuSE out of the box.

Best wishes,

Roy

Hm, I'm (also) looking for a good reason to go for 10.1, but this "review"
as you call it hasn't given me a single argument to do so.
Calling it a review is giving way too much credit to the author. You might
call it a blog-entry, but a "review"? : haha ;-)

Hi Dirk,

The following (far less amateur) review has just hit the Digg.com front page:

http://www.linuxforums.org/reviews/review_of_suse_10.1.html

I hope you find it informative enough to form a better opinion and have
better judgment for making a final decision.

Best wishes,

Roy

--
Roy S. Schestowitz | "In hell, treason is the work of angels"
http://Schestowitz.com | GNU/Linux ¦ PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E

  • Re: SUSE 10.1 review.
    ... I read it and saw nothing that would makes a Joe Sixpack upgrade. ... The key is in getting such positive reviews and compel ... SUSE Linux 10.0 - ubuntu 5.04 ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: SUSE 10.1 review.
    ... I read it and saw nothing that would makes a Joe Sixpack upgrade. ... Roy S. Schestowitz | "Computers are useless. ... http://iuron.com - proposing a non-profit search engine ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)