Re: SUSE 10.1 review.

__/ [ Dirk Roos ] on Friday 12 May 2006 19:06 \__

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

__/ [ houghi ] on Friday 12 May 2006 17:15 \__

jonwickes@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
10.1 is a solid release, and with reviews like this turning out around
the net it might be time to update.

I read it and saw nothing that would makes a Joe Sixpack upgrade.
Especially not from 10.0.

Joe Sixpack does not upgrade. Joe Sixpack goes to the shop and gets a new
box from an OEM. The key is in getting such positive reviews and compel
manufacturer to deliver SuSE out of the box.

Best wishes,

Hm, I'm (also) looking for a good reason to go for 10.1, but this "review"
as you call it hasn't given me a single argument to do so.
Calling it a review is giving way too much credit to the author. You might
call it a blog-entry, but a "review"? : haha ;-)

Hi Dirk,

The following (far less amateur) review has just hit the front page:

I hope you find it informative enough to form a better opinion and have
better judgment for making a final decision.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz | "In hell, treason is the work of angels" | GNU/Linux ¦ PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
2:25pm up 15 days 21:22, 12 users, load average: 0.69, 0.73, 0.72 - next generation of search paradigms