Re: Linux Flavor: Mandrake or Suse?

Terry Liittschwager wrote:

Interesting, none of the three were able upon installation to recognize my
second monitor. Windows always recognized it right off, so I guess I have
to reluctantly give credit where credit is due. I'm still running with
just a single monitor but will get around to figuring it out one of these
days.

Can you post here when you do?

Previously Suse 9 found my second monitor (attached to my laptop running Suse), Suse 10 does not.

I also tried Mandrake / Mandriva etc. With the Mandrake family always lock ups, crashes, so maybe a hardware problem, or is Mandriva flaky?

  • Re: Linux Flavor: Mandrake or Suse?
    ... newbie,i think u like suSE more.it's more GUI base..just try both ... Yast, Suse's setup gui. ... second monitor. ... to reluctantly give credit where credit is due. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Microsoft tries to polish a turd
    ... Linux will find enough of my hardware to make it useful. ... to deal with the second monitor and a few other issues and forget ... I was running SuSE 9.0 on it for a year or so, ... except for the Ubuntu attempt. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: [SLE] YOU breaks Xorg
    ... SuSE 10.0 boxes have broken X configurations.... ... I hope it didn't overdrive my second monitor and damage it... ... Check the headers for your unsubscription address ...
    (SuSE)