Re: Get 'No catalog found @ 192.168.1.65 for SuSE 10.1 network install (http) -

Arun Khan wrote:
I have created a DVD iso image using makeSUSEdvd v0.30. I have mounted
(loop) the iso image on /mnt/loop. This dir is the "Document Root" of a
Apache virtual host. Tested the vhost using a web browser - I am able to
see the entire DVD file structure layout thru the web browser.

I want to use the above file structure to install SuSE 10.1 on other
machines via the HTTP option.

I have a slightly different approach.
I have directory ftp just like www in my server Apache default).

I have directories there like /9.3 /10.0 /10.1 /10.1.addon

I have never made any DVDs, just copied the contents of the CD images.

I boot from the network install CD, give the server name and directory
and it flies :)

Why must it be HTTP?
Why must there be a DVD image?

Vahis
--
http://waxborg.servepics.com
http://waxborg.servepics.com/mobile/articles/vmware.html

  • Re: -SYSTEM-F-WRITLCK, write lock error
    ... %PCSIUI-E-ABORT, operation terminated due to an unrecoverable error condition ... Is there a problem with this DVD media? ... ANALYZE /DISK_STRUCTURE is the only way I know of to repair file structure problems. ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: Link to internet image from a form?
    ... Create a form and add a Web Browser to it (you can use the Insert | ActiveX ... Web Browser entry) For the example below, I chose to rename the control ... > noticed on the majority of the IMDB pages there is an image of the DVD ... > in the record for each movie (meaning a seperate link for each seperate ...
    (microsoft.public.access.forms)
  • Re: DVD unreadible by Explorer
    ... oldgrey wrote: ... then tried to see the file structure with Explore. ... However, Explorer ... hard drive and then create a good viewable DVD? ...
    (alt.video.dvd)
  • Re: DVD off the HD?
    ... Media Center or Media Player? ... Most DVD playing software will play the DVD file structure when it copied to ... under Vista - this is but one of the draconian DRM features of Vista) ...
    (comp.sys.laptops)
  • Re: video editing API
    ... > As far as editing it works well, it is only trying to build the DVD ... > file structure (with VOB files) that I ran into a problem. ...
    (comp.os.os2.multimedia)