Suse 10.1 Install Resources

nVidia:

In 10.0 I was able to go to
the Patches section of YaST and install within the system, but it was not
to be found.

So, I found this article:

http://en.opensuse.org/NVIDIA

And downloaded the latest linux driver from nVidia.com.

Followed the directions and it worked like a charm.

Media codecs:

Here's a nice little Suse Install blog:

http://susediary.blogspot.com/

Key part for me is how to add Packman as a source and get the media
downloads (near the end).

"SUSE 10.1 brings some new software for package management to the table.
Gone is susewatcher and YOU is no longer the default method of updating
SUSE with system and security updates. Libzypp is the new backend software
with the Zenworks Management Daemon ( ZMD ) providing an interface for the
new notification applet called zen-updater and the default command line
utility called rug. Libzypp is a clever mix of red carpet and yast
technologies and so has been integrated into yast package management also.
This means any installation sources you add to rug/zen-updater will show up
in yast and vice versa. Let's get started..."

--
Texeme Textcasting powers
http://www.you-read-it-here-first.com

  • Re: openSUSE 12.1 and parallel printer
    ... I added the usual printing stuff including CUPS and the icon for YaST ... including other versions of SUSE. ... Using localhost:621 for CUPS I was able to find the C88 printer and install a driver, and the C88 printer appeared in response to Ctl-P in KWrite as expected. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Media Tray Empty - SuSE 9.1 Solved
    ... and has, after all, worked fine in SuSE 9.0 on the same machine. ... so I just told Yast to ignore those for the time being. ... I then installed the *old* cups-related rpm files from my SuSE 9.0 Pro ... CDs and proceeded to install the downloaded ghostscript files, ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: [SLE] Anybody using Xen?
    ... What I want to do is run sub doms, one is a backup for a server, the second ... Ideally you need to install the Xen bits and pieces when you initially install ... SuSE 10.1 as this automatically sets up grub to support Xen as a boot option. ... It may do this after the event in 10.1 if you install Xen from Yast, ...
    (SuSE)
  • [SLE] a long-time Suser compares kubuntu and Suse
    ... Suse has always been good at that. ... Kubuntu is basically ... you see in the yast titlebar is my feature. ... for ages, then go find the software, install it, and hope it works. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Zypper segmentation fault
    ... Repository 'openSUSE BuildService - Wine CVS Builds' is up to date. ... Trying through yast again gave this xmessage: ... Rebuilding the rpm database did no good. ... --force install the qt and gtk rpms to downgrade to the latest 10.3 versions. ...
    (SuSE)