Re: Updating 10.1 64bit

jamesromeongmail.com wrote:

Joost van der Waa wrote:
Hi there,

Just installed 10.1 64 bit, and everything is working rather ok.
The only real problem I encounter is the update procedure: it doesn work.
I get the following error message from the "Software updater":
Novell.Zenworks.Zmd.Public.ZenException: Failed to lookup resolvable
with id '24778'

The updater is broken. There is a major fix available at
ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/aj/10.1-packagemanagement-update-test

Download them into a directory and install them with
rpm -ivh *.rpm

And I strongly advise getting the smart updater. It is MUCH nicer than
the new zen stuff.
http://wiki.suselinuxsupport.de/wikka.php?wakka=HowtoSmartPackageManager
http://susewiki.org/index.php?title=Smart
Download it from Guru's site
http://linux01.gwdg.de/~pbleser/rpm-navigation.php?cat=System/smart/
because it comes preconfigured with the sources.

I do advise NOT updating the 64-bit KDE to 3.5.2. That trashed my
system (it did work on 32-bits though).

Worked here.

Mike

  • Re: AIM Send out random messages
    ... you want me to install the firewall (thats what ... or do you want me to check to see if i can download properly?? ... > I downloaded the latest virus definations for intellegent updator... ... > using Intellegent Updater. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Download.com being blocked
    ... have a hardware router between them and the Internet. ... and download their diag/wipe program and install it on a bootable ... Boot to the BIOS updater and update it. ... Install SP2 if the original XP disk did not have it on it. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: [opensuse]
    ... Mount fails with some stupid error. ... intuitive and informative apps like Synaptic. ... dependency conflicts I just let it install. ... If you don't install Zen Updater openSuSE ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: World of warcraft NEWBIE Advice Please
    ... >>> game are there any seperate upgrades that are not install automatically ... >> The game will pretty much download everything you need. ... Then abort the Updater, ... source, install it, restart WoW. ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: Install cache gone?
    ... Rather than using the auto updater, ... The auto updater insisted that it couldn't find my local install file ... and as we all know that required the cache files ... will download some and then crap out because the original file cache ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)