Re: Updating 10.1 64bit

jamesromeongmail.com wrote:

Joost van der Waa wrote:
Hi there,

Just installed 10.1 64 bit, and everything is working rather ok.
The only real problem I encounter is the update procedure: it doesn work.
I get the following error message from the "Software updater":
Novell.Zenworks.Zmd.Public.ZenException: Failed to lookup resolvable
with id '24778'

The updater is broken. There is a major fix available at
ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/aj/10.1-packagemanagement-update-test

Download them into a directory and install them with
rpm -ivh *.rpm

And I strongly advise getting the smart updater. It is MUCH nicer than
the new zen stuff.
http://wiki.suselinuxsupport.de/wikka.php?wakka=HowtoSmartPackageManager
http://susewiki.org/index.php?title=Smart
Download it from Guru's site
http://linux01.gwdg.de/~pbleser/rpm-navigation.php?cat=System/smart/
because it comes preconfigured with the sources.

I do advise NOT updating the 64-bit KDE to 3.5.2. That trashed my
system (it did work on 32-bits though).

Worked here.

Mike
.