Re: my little network

In alt.os.linux.suse, on Fri 26 May 2006 12:22, peter j norris
<magicpeter@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Steve wrote:

peter j norris wrote:
hi i can't access the internet with my other computers
i have tried with yast and everytime i try while it is online as
well it drops the connection to the internet when i start up the
computer i see it
says eth0 192.168.0.1:24 ok

As a start, run ifconfig as root and post the results. Should give a
little more idea on where the problem might be.
this is what ifconfig said
ifconfig
eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:0D:61:79:18:A8
inet6 addr: fe80::20d:61ff:fe79:18a8/64 Scope:Link
UP BROADCAST NOTRAILERS RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500
Metric:1 RX packets:2541 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0
frame:0 TX packets:129 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0
carrier:0 collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:188052 (183.6 Kb) TX bytes:18576 (18.1 Kb)

Could you do it again, please, and this time cut & paste the results so
that we can see the line that starts "inet addr:" and that should come
just after the "Link encap:" line

It might also be useful to see the equivalent information for the other
computers, in case you have two using the same IP address.

--
Robert
This information provided free of charge for those willing to accept