Re: my little network

In alt.os.linux.suse, on Fri 26 May 2006 12:22, peter j norris
<magicpeter@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Steve wrote:

peter j norris wrote:
hi i can't access the internet with my other computers
i have tried with yast and everytime i try while it is online as
well it drops the connection to the internet when i start up the
computer i see it
says eth0 ok

As a start, run ifconfig as root and post the results. Should give a
little more idea on where the problem might be.
this is what ifconfig said
eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:0D:61:79:18:A8
inet6 addr: fe80::20d:61ff:fe79:18a8/64 Scope:Link
Metric:1 RX packets:2541 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0
frame:0 TX packets:129 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0
carrier:0 collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:188052 (183.6 Kb) TX bytes:18576 (18.1 Kb)

Could you do it again, please, and this time cut & paste the results so
that we can see the line that starts "inet addr:" and that should come
just after the "Link encap:" line

It might also be useful to see the equivalent information for the other
computers, in case you have two using the same IP address.

This information provided free of charge for those willing to accept
it. Others who wish to be spoon-fed may acquire my services at the
discounted rate of 135 GB Pounds per hour or part thereof.