system reboots when not warm
- From: "mike" <mikaelpetterson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 1 Jun 2006 05:49:33 -0700
I have a delicate problem. I have installed suse 10.0 ( I used winME
before but got tired of all problems) on a FujitsuSiemes scaleo, 800
When I boot my linux box I can see what is going on ( boot sequence)
then my x-window is started and I get my GNOME environment. Then apps (
wireless network, mail ...) are loaded in the panel ( as they are
started). If I try to start e.g. mozilla or firefox browser then system
reboots. If i do that before icons in panel is loaded system also
If I let my system run for I while it seems like I can start browsers,
ide:s and so on without a reboot.
I never had these kind of problems in windows ( though others ......).
Is it something that is not warm enough in the beginning?
I have gotten suggestions on the following:
bad memory (RAM), video drivers, and a bad power supply.
I checked the ram with 'Mem Test' and it is fine.
I have no extra video drivers installed.
I am starting to begin it has something to do with the power supply
since everything is rather cold in the beginning ( when booting). And
also it is not likely that the CPU is overheating at this stage or?
All hints are welcome!
- Prev by Date: Re: sftp ssh chroot connectionm refused
- Next by Date: Re: Show Desktop
- Previous by thread: Re: New partition created from windows not yet accessible in Suse 10.0
- Next by thread: Re: system reboots when not warm