Re: Novell delivers.

Michael Soibelman wrote:
O.K. If you haven't done so yet do a Yast Online Update. This fixes amny
problems. Now all my Yast modules are working. Glad I cooled off and
waited.

Online Update Configuration finally works.

They said it was going to be like this.

Thanks for the heads up Houghi.
Just did that - sources still do not appear to sync between ZEN and YOU,
still can't add a local source using YaST and ZEN chokes on adding a
Packman source -

Failed to parse XML metadata: Unsigned file '/repodata/repomd.xml (file:/var/cache/zmd/web/files/packman.unixheads.com/suse/10.1/)'

This can be added via YaST - Installation source, but complains about a
digital signature.

Guy

  • Re: [opensuse] Fine-graining Yast access
    ... you can "summon" single YaST modules directly. ... yast2 sw_single -- for software management ... maybe you can wrap these commands on a shell script and combine these with sudo... ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Novell delivers.
    ... Now all my Yast modules are working. ... Online Update Configuration finally works. ... still can't add a local source using YaST and ZEN chokes on adding a ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: [opensuse] Redesign of YaST Control Center
    ... but not a whole new design. ... I remember using 9.0, and (the QT based YaST, anyway) was exactly the same. ... The number of YaST modules has gone up, the things YaST can do has gone up, and for a new user it can be very confusing! ... Plop someone new to computers down in front of a Windows ...
    (SuSE)
  • [opensuse] Fine-graining Yast access
    ... priviledges than an user account (can use certain Yast modules, ... group along with root - but as far as Yast, I wonder if there is some ... Área de Sistemas Unix/Linux ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [SLE] Launching YaST Modules Directly
    ... >> Of all the YaST modules, I most often wish to launch the Installer. ... when the time comes to read the package from the installation ...
    (SuSE)