Re: updatedb

well, its locate... you can run updatedb as root every hour (minute)
((second)) if you want...
changing that behaviour shouldnt be difficult as you are willing to
mv...
i agree that cron.daily is at xx:xx time of day, and thers no feedback
on that... let me add you have to boot system so locatedb gets
created!!! or maybe wait... a day

houghi wrote:
Jim Showalter wrote:
Now I know. I am going to remove one of the two '*updatedb' scripts
from cron.daily and see what happens.

What I would do is remove them both and reinstall and see what happens.
Because if there were wo, it normaly would have run. Also I would check
if the other things in cron.daily work and run correctly.

--
houghi http://houghi.org http://www.plainfaqs.org/linux/

Today I went outside. My pupils have never been tinier...

  • Re: flashplayer9? (Mystery solved)
    ... Is it reasonable to let updatedb run as root, ... that are set with permissions of 700. ... or change that user in the config to yourself. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: [SLE] Aplications/Locate/UPDATEDB_PRUNEPATHS Doesnt
    ... IOW, after I change the setting and run updatedb as ... > root, I still get a listing of what's under /windows. ... updatedb daily - if you issue the command "updatedb" as root, ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: updatedb running on every boot
    ... updatedb running on every boot ... However this would be running as root. ... Mr. Rasat if I'm reading the listing ... from a CLI using sudo after booting up. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: [SLE] find command
    ... On Sunday 13 February 2005 07:07, Jim Sabatke wrote: ... > And run updatedb before running it. ... under a different name), and ran updatedb as root, not user. ... their "mistakes" are my programming/documentation errors. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: flashplayer9? (Mystery solved)
    ... user directory, or in my wife's user directory tree. ... places that it did find it yesterday after I manually ran updatedb. ... Is it reasonable to let updatedb run as root, ...
    (Debian-User)