- From: "titof" <titof.h@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 24 Jun 2006 16:55:36 -0700
well, its locate... you can run updatedb as root every hour (minute)
((second)) if you want...
changing that behaviour shouldnt be difficult as you are willing to
i agree that cron.daily is at xx:xx time of day, and thers no feedback
on that... let me add you have to boot system so locatedb gets
created!!! or maybe wait... a day
Jim Showalter wrote:
Now I know. I am going to remove one of the two '*updatedb' scripts
from cron.daily and see what happens.
What I would do is remove them both and reinstall and see what happens.
Because if there were wo, it normaly would have run. Also I would check
if the other things in cron.daily work and run correctly.
houghi http://houghi.org http://www.plainfaqs.org/linux/
Today I went outside. My pupils have never been tinier...
- Prev by Date: Re: Make KDE use Gnome menu
- Next by Date: Re: Just wondering about updates.
- Previous by thread: Re: updatedb
- Next by thread: Re: updatedb